1236 N Fitch Mountain Road| Healdsburg
Property listed by:
Alain-Martin Pierret DRE# 01821933
Johnny Drake DRE# 01932167
“HEAVENSBURG” - ONE-OF-A-KIND VIEW PROPERTY IN A MAGICAL SETTING
A stylish artist’s retreat. A beautifully appointed family home. This hidden gem could be considered the jewel of Fitch Mountain and however you choose to live in this incredible home, you will be surrounded by breathtaking, one-of-a-kind views of both the Alexander Valley and Dry Creek Valley.
Perched above downtown Healdsburg with its world-class wineries, fine dining, and boutique shopping, this home has been lovingly created with equal balance of sophistication and whimsy over the last 20 years. The property is comprised of two adjoining lots with several dwellings and always, art as a focal point throughout.
In the two bedroom, two-and-a-half bathroom main house, a dramatic “enfilade” floor plan provides a generous easy flow through the home and to the outdoors where numerous porches, pergolas and patios have been created allowing one to relax, read, or sit with a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The large living room features a vaulted ceiling, fireplace, and floor-to-ceiling book shelves. The atmospheric gourmet kitchen has gorgeous custom cabinetry, white Carrera marble counters and amazing views overlooking the Alexander Valley and Dry Creek Valley .The home offers three separate dining arreas from which to choose: formal, informal and outdoor. An oversized pantry and temperature-controlled wine cellar provide endless opportunities for entertaining. The en suite main bedroom gives access to the pool and garden terrace and views and art are everywhere.
A private driveway leads to the front of the property where a glass orangery greenhouse sitting and entertaining area awaits. From there, gravel paths and topiaried shrubbery lead to a central courtyard with a large multi-tiered fountain. This is where the iconic gardens begin. Designed as a giant country summer house, with its many different outdoor “rooms” where one could paint, cook and entertain, read, exercise, swim or enjoy the bounty of nature. Over the years the gardens have been visited and celebrated by many including the Healdsburg Garden Tour, the Horticultural Society of New York, AIGA private tours, as well as many fundraising events.
Reminiscent in style of the “Monet-Giverny Garden” the gardens also function as a private art gallery where one is surrounded by art and eccentric pieces including statues, paintings, sculptural gates, plantings, and more. Much of the art is in the form of recycled objects that the owners have repurposed into creative and imaginative pieces, bringing an incredible cultural mix of old and new.
Additional amenities on this extraordinary property include a sparkling pool, terraced paths that lead to other hidden garden oases, fruit trees, an arboretum, a wellness spa with Jacuzzi and sauna, a bar and paella station, a full-scale artist’s studio, an exceptional home office, as well as a workshop and tool shed.
Located close to all the best of Healdsburg and within two miles of Montage Resort and beautiful walking trails. With history, ambiance, beauty and breathtaking views, a visit to “Heavensburg” should be on your short list if you’re looking for a truly unique home and property.
● Minutes to downtown Healdsburg
● Just above Tayman Park Golf Course
● Easy proximity to Villa Chanticleer
● 1 +/- mile to the Russian River public beach access point
● 12 minutes to the Sonoma County Airport
● 15 minutes to the Mayacama Golf Course and Private
● Approximately 35 minutes to Calistoga and St. Helena
● Approximately one hour to the Golden Gate Bridge
● Property highlights:
● Breathtaking view property
● Vistas of Alexander Valley and Dry Creek Valley
Charming one-of-a-kind home and property:
● Artist’s retreat
● Within easy proximity to all the best of Healdsburg
● Wineries, fine dining, boutique shopping
● Special details:
● Extensive gardens
● Art collection
● Fanciful home
● Whimsical art
● 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom main home
● Glass greenhouse with heated floor
● Front courtyard
● Front porch with dining room and summer lounge
● Full scale art studio/guest studio
● Home office
● Wellness spa
● Summer art studio
● Outdoor dining room with barbeque kitchen and stone
● Pool with spa pavilion, Jacuzzi, sauna and yoga room
● Shade terrace
● Hillside arboretum with fruit trees
● Separate private entrance at back of the property (Benjamin
● Terraced vegetable beds
● Custom wrought iron pagoda-style aviary
● Raised rock walled garden beds
● Party time vodka bar and paella station
● Tool shed and garden storage